Virtual kickoff for the Clean Air Project
Join local air quality experts, activists, and elected officials June 30th to learn about air pollution in Pittsburgh. Where does it comes from? What are the health implications, and how can you become more engaged? See, for the first time, the design of new air quality monitoring stations being installed in Millvale, Etna and Sharpsburg, which will display the real-time Air Quality Index (AQI) in each of the three boroughs.
- Breathe Project, a clearinghouse for information on air quality in Pittsburgh, southwestern Pennsylvania and beyond.
- GASP, the Group Against Smog and Pollution, a citizen-led advocacy group founded in 1969 by volunteers concerned about air quality in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Rep. Sara Innamorato, PA State Representative for the 21st District, and longtime advocate for clean air in Western Pennsylvania.
- New Sun Rising’s Director of Sustainability, Zaheen Hussain.
- Mark Dixon, award-winning filmmaker, activist, and public speaker, currently developing the documentary “Inversion, The Unfinished Business of Pittsburgh’s Air.”
6 p.m. online. Hosted by the Triboro Ecodistrict, New Sun Rising, and Work Hard Pittsburgh. Learn more and register here. This kickoff event will be followed by three virtual events unveiling air monitoring stations in Millvale on July 22nd, Etna on August 12th and Sharpsburg on September 1st.