The People's Oil & Gas Summit is being held in Pennsylvania, the heart of the Marcellus Shale natural gas drilling boom.
Join us in Pittsburgh on November 19th and 20th and meet people affected by oil and gas drilling from across the US and Canada.
Learn about oil and gas impacts, toxics associated with drilling activities, how natural gas fits into the climate change debate, and how to protect yourself and your community.
The People's Oil & Gas Summit will be held at Pittsburgh's Radisson Hotel Green Tree.
For more information about the Summit, visit summitupdate.earthworksaction.org.
Presentations And Discussions Will Include...
- The BIG PICTURE – where are they drilling, why and who’s next?
- Natural gas, CLIMATE JUSTICE and PUBLIC HEALTH: life cycle impacts of gas
- Hydraulic FRACTURING: Full Disclosure, NO Exemptions
- To lease or not to LEASE; landowner and mineral owner rights
- CLIMATE CHANGE: Beyond coal, oil and gas: what is our ENERGY FUTURE?
- MEDIA: reforming the industry one blog, story, movie and wiki at a time
- Legislate, Litigate, AGITATE: lessons on organizing and civil disobedience
Lois Gibbs – environmental justice advocate, Love Canal activist, Executive Director, Center for Health, Environment and Justice * Dr. Theo Colburn – world renowned scientist, co-author of Our Stolen Future, President of The Endocrine Disruption Exchange * Wilma Subra – MacArthur Genius Award Winner, chemist, environmental advocate, President of Subra Company * Tony Ingraffea - Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University (invited) * Bill McKibben – author, journalist, environmentalist (invited) * Josh Fox – “Gasland” filmaker * Chris Cziksentmihalyi – Director, MIT Center for Future Civic Media * Abrahm Lustgarten – ProPublica investigative journalist (invited) * Andrew Nikiforuk – Canadian journalist and author * Mark Ruffalo – actor, FRACKING activist (invited) * Jim Fitzgerald – Professor of Sociology, Fort Lewis College, Colorado, gas-field activist * TXSharon –Texas OGAP Organizer and Blogger * John Fenton - affected landowner, Pavillion Wyoming * Wes Gillingham – Program Director, Catskill Mountainkeeper * Activists and citizens from Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Canada.