The International Living Future Institute, ILFI, best known for starting the Living Building Challenge, will be hosting a national conference on Toxin Free Products in Pittsburgh on September 16-18.
The International Living Future Institute will hold its first Living Product unExpo at the David L. Lawrence Conference Center. The focus of the unExpo is on creating and sharing information about healthy products of all types, with the intention of transforming the materials marketplace. The unExpo will present a unique opportunity for manufacturers and designers to network, learn from one another and aggregate market power to demand toxin-free ingredients and sustainable practices, and participate in a stimulating agenda of education tracks, tours of Pittsburgh-area Living Building projects, networking and product demonstrations. Interactive events will include an interactive Inspiration Wall to identify the key leverage points needed to change the materials economy; a Public Day for Pennsylvania residents to participate; inspirational Keynote addresses; custom booths showcasing sustainable products and services and the LPrize, rewarding the best ideas in green chemistry, industrial design and manufacturing.
WHAT IT IS
· The world’s leading place for design and manufacturing professionals to learn about game-changing products that will transform the marketplace.
· A unique opportunity for manufacturers and designers of all sizes to network, learn from one another and aggregate market power to create transformative impact.
· A stimulating agenda of education tracks, inspiring keynote presentations, tours, networking and product demonstrations showcasing the latest trends in sustainable products.
· Announcing the LPrize, a new competition to celebrate and reward the best ideas and innovation in green chemistry, industrial design and manufacturing.
· Exciting interactive events, including:
o Innovation Wall, a facilitated workshop/art installation that identifies key leverage points needed to change the materials economy.
o Public Day: the unExpo hall will be open to the general public.
o Custom booths featured at the heart of the conference, with main events on the unExpo floor.
WHAT IT ISN’T
· Not another sales conference—instead, a curated program that will inspire an industry revolution.
· Not a cramped facility with no windows and low ceilings. The David L. Lawrence Conference Center is LEED Gold Certified—all sessions, including the exhibit hall, are in beautiful day-lit spaces.
· Not a conventional trade show—exhibitors will have interactive opportunities to connect and build relationships with key thought leaders in their target market.
· Not limited to the building industry—designers and manufacturers of all types will be in attendance.
· Not a shotgun approach to sales. Rather, this is a highly targeted audience focused on innovation, design and sustainability.
At the David L. Lawrence Conference Center downtown. Online registration, program information, and sponsorship/exhibitor opportunities are here.