The Presentations are focused on getting to know what people are coming up with and how we can work together better to create a local food economy. We have ten different 20-minute presentations by ten different green entrepreneurs, organizations and backyard experimenters. During that time there will be demonstrations and tables showing off local businesses and organizations involved in urban agriculture.
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the historic Pump House (880 Waterfront Drive E, Homestead, PA 15120 (map), which is at the trailhead of the Great Allegheny Passage -- so you can bike there! Food By "O My Grill" Food Truck from 11-2.
All Day: Networking and Open-Space Organization
Current Tablers: Steel City Grazers, Pittsburgh Pro Poultry People, Shadyside Worms, Apothecary Muse, Steel City Soils, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Repair The World, Fellowship Foods
10:00- 3:00 TED-style Presentations by speakers working on urban ag-related projects
• 10:00 Intro to Open-Space and Networking - making soil for urban growing - Jeff N.
- • 10:30 Hugelkulter in my Rain Garden - Pat B.
• 11:00 Repair The World - Connecting volunteers with gardens - Sam
• 11:30 Compost Tea Brewing and Soil Biology - Keith M. and Jeff J.
• 12:00 Pittsburgh Pro Poultry People
- • 12:30 Backyard Composting with Curt
- • 1:00 Shadyside Worms - Travis
• 1:30 Fellowship Foods - Chip K.
• 2:00 PittMoss - Founder - Mont H.
- • 2:30 Backyard Goats and Chickens - Kaeryn
- • 3:00-4:00 Networking and Closing Remarks
Afterwards you can head over to my place for the Sustainability Salon on food (talks, discussion, potluck, and music) -- but please let me know if you might do this (or want to be on the list for future Salons)! Info is here.