Senator Jim Ferlo will host and moderate this innovative tele-town hall meeting, featuring; an engaging panel discussion, a toll-free number for thousands of callers to listen and ask questions, studio audience participation, live video streaming at www.senatorferlo.com.
Senator Ferlo represents a three-county district that includes most of the City of Pittsburgh, as well as suburban and rural communities. He sponsored the Statewide Marcellus Shale Drilling Moratorium Act in June. In addition, he supports a competitive severance tax that benefits local communities, and is inviting feedback from the community for additional regulatory proposals. "Regardless, when an issue like Marcellus Shale emerges, healthy conversation is critical to safety and good policy-making," said the Senator in a statement. Panelists include:
· Morgan O’Brien, CEO – People’s Natural Gas
· Richard Weber, President - Atlas Energy
· Scott Perry, Director - PA DEP, Bureau of Oil and Gas Management
· Nadia Steinzor, Marcellus Shale Organizer – EarthWorks
· Charles L. Christen, DrPH, MEd - University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health
· James Kunz, Business Manager - IUOE Local #66
· Emily Collins, Director - University of Pittsburgh School of Law Environmental Law Clinic
Discussion begins at 6 p.m. Please join us by phone at 1-888-886-6603, Ext. 15390#, or RSVP for limited studio-audience seating at the Grey Box Theater in Lawrenceville (3595 Butler Street) by contacting Mikhail Pappas: 412.621.3006, firstname.lastname@example.org.